Time is money. Ineffective communication results in silent expenses of both time and resources that can wreak havoc on the bottom line of an organization. TYPEd teaches people how to communicate with intention to achieve results faster. We use relevant simulation exercises derived from a thorough organizational analysis to teach the principles of effective communication, mindfulness and emotional intelligence that support an organizational vision. Socially-aware, mindful employees reduce the financial costs of miscommunication, as well as, support the framework for a healthy corporate culture. TYPEd training provides a clear context of the requirements and barriers to effective communication required for optimum performance, and builds measurable frameworks to support individual adoption and ownership.
Knowledge of the different ways in which people understand information and make decisions makes it easier to get things done faster. Incorporating training of these innate differences at an organizational level produces measurable savings in labor efficiency soft costs. Leveraging type knowledge also enables leaders to:
- Measure and mitigate costly misunderstandings
- Build trust and unity among teams and with clients
- Gain insights into individual communication preferences and blind spots
- Identify best communication practices by recognizing behavior patterns of others
- Learn how to interpret others’ differences and align skill-sets to tasks
- Influence others by “speaking their language”
- Recognize individual barriers to effective connection/collaboration with others
- Listen for problem statements, content and intentions
- Learn how to use appropriate questions that gain fact-based information
- Separate objective facts from emotions
Intention is easily lost in translation with the way that we communicate with one another. Oftentimes, the message we try to relay is understood differently than how we intended. Miscommunications, stress, and misaligned staff takes a toll, not only on an organization’s morale, but on its bottom line, as well. TYPEd training measurably decreases the hidden costs of poor communication and leads organizations down a path to more successful, faster outcomes with greater employee and client satisfaction.